Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Photos #80-112


exposure: 1/80sec f/stop: 3.5 iso: 100

 This is the day that I got back from Melbourne. I was in the studio trying out the flash gels that I 'bought' and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with them. They're much better than my flash domes. Anyway, here's a self-portrait of myself doing some weird expression with the red gel in the studio.

exposure: 1/2sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 800

What a way to spend the last night in Melbourne. Up in the Eureka skydeck, myself and Marione had a 360 degree view of Melbourne and the view is amazing! I much prefer the night than the day because of all the lights that light up the city. It was hard to shoot in the building cause there were a lot of reflections in the window and mainly because I didn't have the tripod with me.

exposure: 1/25sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 200

 Here's a shot of a famous alleyway in Melbourne just off Bourke Street. Its a long alleyway full of graffiti. I wish Sydney had more things like this. It looks awesome.

exposure: 4sec f/stop: 8 iso: 800

This is Melbourne's version of Vivid Sydney. I didn't get a chance to take that many photos of this event because we were stressed for time but this is supposed to be the sun. There wasn't much  to see but Sydney does a better job with their light shows.

exposure: 1/320sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 400

First day in Melbourne and so far its been great! Everyone is so friendly here and one of the locals made it his duty to supply this statue with a cigarette. He was having a laugh with the others looking at these statues and I just had to take a photo of it.

exposure: 1/30sec f/stop: 1.7 iso: 200

I went out for a drive to clear my mind about a few things. I felt like taking photos as usual, mainly because I love photos and everything about it. Its my escape.

exposure: 1/20sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 800

I was at a protest rally outside Sydney town hall this day. I don't exactly remember what happened but as an aspiring photojournalist I should really step it up and get in with these events so I know whats going on.

exposure: 30sec f/stop: 11 iso: 100

I was at the city this night attempting to do another time lapse. It was a failed attempt because I didn't bring my intervalometer and when I tried to do it manually, I couldn't get the timing right. So here is a long exposure with some light trails.

exposure: 1/20sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 400

This guy was at Pitt Street basking and agree or disagree but he reminds me of Michael Buble.

exposure: 1/30sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 200

This photo was right before these ducks had a fight. I missed the shot because I was on the phone but what happened is the black duck (is it a duck? I don't know my animals =P) tried to get on the land but the two ducks attacked him for reasons I don't know. I could already feel the tension in this photo =P

exposure: 30sec f/stop: 9 iso: 100

I love taking photos of Sydney at night and I must say it gets a bit repetitive. Nonetheless, none of my photos are the same and I love the light trails from the ferrys going in different directions, the opera house sails lit up and the moon in the corner with the clouds.

exposure: 25sec f/stop: 9 iso: 100

  Its the first day of Vivid Sydney and St Mary's Cathedral looks great! Its my favorite of all the buildings that are lit up. I have to say though, I was disappointed with the opera house compared to last year where the sails looked more interesting. Its still a great event but I also wished they lit up the Museum of Contemporary Art.

exposure: 1/5sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 200

A rainy day in Sydney and I think I was on the way to Bondi to go to Borders and read with my sister. Whilst on the way, the leaves on the road caught my eye and I liked how it was positioned as it leads the viewer's eyes to the top of the frame.

exposure: 1/125sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 100

I was in my hometown of Ashfield and I saw four cats looking at me with the same pose. The other two was on a fence and the other near a staircase so I didn't manage to get them all in the frame and I didn't want to risk losing the shot so I settled with photographing these two cats giving me the 'evil eye'.

exposure: 1/13sec f/stop: 7.1 iso: 400

This is the closest thing that I have seen in Sydney that comes remotely close to Melbourne's alleyways. Its an attempt and if you look closely, the images in the frames in this photo is of rubbish.

exposure: 1/800sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 200

I think this was outside the Apple Store and I looked up and I liked how the water from the rain formed on the roof so I took a photo of it with a random leaf in the photo.

exposure: 1/15sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 800

I was at the basement in Blacktown this day shooting at a small gig for bands. Overall, it was a good experience to get more exposed to concert photography. A lot of experimentation with the spotlights and a challenge for low light shooting.

exposure: 15sec f/stop: 13 iso: 100

I was out taking photos as usual and ended up at the Museum of Contemporary Art and I still don't know what that sculpture is supposed to be. It reminds me of one of the medical games I played on my nintendo DS before.

exposure: 1/160sec f/stop: 8 iso: 200

I was out on a walk taking photos and saw a random leaf on the road and thought it would make an interesting shot so I focused on it on my camera and took a photo. Not really much effort with this shot but I didn't take that many photos this day.

exposure: 1/640sec f/stop: 7.1 iso: 400

I was picking up Marione from work this day and while I was waiting for her to finish, as usual I took a few photos of  the place to kill time. I just like the repetitiveness of the poles with the plants wrapped around them.

exposure: 1/5sec f/stop: 7.1 iso: 100

In this shot I was trying to recreate one of my photos from my photography class back in high school but of course it won't be the same. Well my high school version of this shot was better and back then I was shooting with film and it was in black and white. Unfortunately, I lost the photo and negative for it so I guess this is the closest to the photo I had before.

exposure: 1/160sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 100

I took a trip down memory lane and drove to my old house in Marrickville. As you can see the people living here now let the trees grow all over the place and cover a big portion of the house.

  exposure: 1/320 f/stop: 2.8 iso: 100

This is my favorite photo at Centenniel Park out of all the photos at this exhibition at the park. I like action shots and the poses that these people did. Even though jumping photos aren't a new thing, I always liked what random pose people make. In addition, I also like the location of this shot.

exposure: 1/160sec f/stop: 8 iso: 100

I was hired to shoot at a person's birthday this day and it was pretty fun. They were playing lawn balls in pirate costumes and it was hilarious watching them play. One of my favorite shots of the day of this day is this person in the air. I did some heavy editing cloning out the person that was next to her. I might upload a comparison to show what I did. I also like the shadow of her whilst she was in the air.
exposure: 1/10sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 400

I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts. My sister brought them back from the airport when she came back from Melbourne. Its sort of a tradition to bring Krispy Kreme back from the airport for some reason.
  
exposure: 1/60sec f/stop:16 iso: 100

I miss BDC =(

exposure: 1/15sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 400

I was at world square today shooting for my stock photos and thought this place would be decent to shoot at. Although, I didn't use this photo because of the flare and because its not sharp when zoomed in but I like this shot nonetheless.

exposure: 1/50sec f/stop: 7.1 iso: 400

For those that don't know, this is a shot of centrepoint tower. I focused more on the detail of the net like feature of the tower because I always over look that.

exposure: 1/400sec f/stop: 7.1 iso: 100

I was at Bondi Beach today and even though I didn't go in the water or the sand, I had a good time relaxing and lying down and staring at the clear blue sky. I needed this. 

exposure: 5sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 100

I do this quite a lot on my camera. Set a long exposure on my camera and just make circles or zig zags or just frantically point my camera in different directions while its being exposed. I find it interesting what sort of light trails I get when I view the photos.

exposure: 1/8sec f/stop: 3.5 iso: 400

It was my good friend, Julius who had his 21st this night. There were probably two or three other people with DSLRs there and I just wanted to take a shot of some of my friends cameras that were there too. Marione on the left, myself in the middle and AC on the right.

exposure: 1/13sec f/stop: 3.5 iso: 400

Its my last practice with BDC at the dance studio and what can I say? Its been great practicing here and there were so many laughs and good times here. I'm happy that I said yes to be in the BDC and surprised that my friend asked me to be in it.

exposure: 1/3200sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 400

I was at the fountains with Marione at Olympic Park just playing around with our cameras. I managed to get this shot of the water shooting out from the fountains and I like how the water is capture all over the place and sharp at the same time. The magic of high speed photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment