Its been a while since I got to blog about Sony camera gear and the much awaited a700 replacement that is long overdue. The 'rumored' details from the camera sites that I follow reveal the following:
- Translucent Mirror Technology (same tech as in the a33 and a55)
- New Sony APS Exmor HD CMOS sensor over 20 megapixels
- ISO in the hundreds of thousands
- Significantly improved EVF
- The body will be made of magnesium alloy
- 1080p/30fps, 720p/60fps and 720p/30fps HD video
- Support for CF, SD and memory stick
- Price will be targeted around the price of the Canon 60d
- Supports a vertical grip
- New mid-level flash (HVL-F43am) with quick-shift bounce
The camera is currently only shown in prototype form but it will be expected to be released in the middle of the year as well as a whole of new lenses. I will definitely get this once its released in Australia since my a350 is slowly dying (cracked camera body which is my fault, front wheel drive malfunction at times).
Transparent Sony a700 replacement prototype
Sony a700 replacement with vertical grip and new lens
Sony 500mm f4 G series Lens
(definitely a lens on my wish list!)
HVL-F43am flash with quick-shift bounce
Replaces HVL-F42am flash
In addition to these new products that will be announced later in the year, sony alpha rumors have confirmed the Sony a33 will be replaced with the a35 and the NEX 3 will be replaced with the NEX-C3 sometime next month with a bunch of other new products.
Sony clip-on 5" LCD monitor
Sony released this monitor not too long ago for people who require a bigger monitor to view for video recording and still images instead of using the screens on their DSLRs (doesn't need to be Sony but has to have a HDMI output) or the NEX-VG10. You can check out the specs of it here.
CLM-V55 mounted on Sony NEX VG-10
Thanks for reading!