Monday, October 3, 2011

{Self-Portrait Project} Bowl diving

exposure: 1/250sec f/stop: 14 iso: 200

Hi everyone! I was at home deciding what kind of photo I should take for this week's self portrait but after much deliberation it was already night time so I couldn't do what I wanted. Make this a lesson to myself to always plan my shots ahead. I ended up thinking of what kind of shots I actually do like which are mainly fast action water shots. So I filled a bowl of water, poured some milk to get some color into it and plunged my head in.

I set it up on a couple of jars to get the level right, pre-focused the camera and had my remote cable ready to take the photo. I was using my external flash mounted on the camera as well. You can't actually see all of my right hand but I was holding the cable to trigger the shutter. I only took one shot because this made a huge mess after the splash and I got in a bit of trouble with all the water everywhere but it was worth it.

Gear used:
- Sony a350 with Carl Zeiss 24-70mm 2.8 lens attached
- one flash (HVL-F43AM)
- remote cable 

No comments:

Post a Comment