Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Seven Hundred Photos

Hey everyone!

Feels good to be back to normal after working at the Easter Show for two straight weeks. Now I'm just waiting to get paid. So many things have been happening and its been a challenge to keep things in order. Again, I am behind on my photos but I'll have that updated real soon. Just finished updating photos on my facebook and now its my blogs turn to get an update.

The day after the Easter Show ended I attended "Seven Hundred Photos" with Marione and I have to say it was a great experience! All the people there taking photos of different models in seven different rooms made it an incredible event. Marione and I took heaps of photos and we gained a lot of experience with how to deal with the way each room was set out as they all had different types of lighting.

exposure: 1/60sec f/stop: 13 iso: 100
w/ off camera flash

This photo was taken in complete darkness with some eerie music to accompany it. This was my favorite room out of all the rooms. Used my off camera flash to get this lighting but wow it was fun. In a sea of Canon and Nikon cameras, I apparently received a lot of attention from my Sony camera and my flash which is always interesting to hear. 

 exposure: 1/60sec f/stop: 6.3 iso: 400

As you can see one of the downsides to this venue is that the photographers, models and props had to squeeze into small rooms where it was really crowded with not a lot of room to move around. Either way it was awesome to see a lot of the photography community in one building. Can't wait for another event like this.

On a different note, I was supposed to take photos at my friends event, Fashion in the Park but I was unable to go due to me not having the car. Thanks mum! I'll just have to wait till next year I guess.

Not too much happening with JMCK at the moment. Looks as if everyone is busy or has other priorities at the moment which is alright but if anything happens, I'll be sure to blog about it. 

With myself and photography I have quite a few events to shoot at and I'll also be returning to Up All Night (Photography company that takes photos at clubbing events) soon after my schedule frees up a bit. Also entering stock photography which is pretty exciting and can't wait to see how I go with that. For those that don't know, stock photography is taking photos and submitting them to websites so people can purchase your photos instead of hiring a photographer for what ever photo they need. With this, the photographer has to be perfect with lighting and how the photo is set out. Stock photos can include products, people, events, landscapes and other categories. A high resolution is recommended like the Sony a900 or a850 with 24.6 megapixels but seeing how that's way out of my budget, I'll just use my a350 with 14.2 megapixels which is still good.


New Sony Video with more footage

There's a lot more happening in the photography world and with Sony being the major sponsor for FIFA 2010, they are using this opportunity to show off their new interchangeable lens camera to be announced sometime in May. I can't wait to see how this camera performs and if it uses the same lens mount in Sony's DSLRs, I might be very well tempted to buy one and sell my Sony HX5v cyber shot camera for the compact DSLR image quality like camera. I'm still waiting on Sony's replacement for the a700 but I'm beginning to think it will arrive at Photokina in September, which is the world's largest photographic trade fair that happens every two years. Though not as big as Photokina I can't wait to go to PMA in Melbourne in June.

Theres more news to talk about but I will save that for another day. I will also update my photo project tomorrow since its getting pretty late and I didn't think I would take this long.

Thanks for reading and take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment