Monday, April 26, 2010

Updated: Sony NEX photos

Hello everyone!

Things are getting a bit busier with how things are going with photography. Its going to get a lot busier in the next couple of months and more serious. Taking more chances and risking a lot. I hope it'll pay off because I'm taking a path that I wasn't even considering a couple of years ago. I've been talking a lot about these things with Marione and we have a whole lot of planning and organizing to do. I won't go into too much details now but when its all finalized, I'll be sure to let you guys know about it.

Now on to my tech news. Sony Alpha Rumors has posted up the first pictures of  the new Sony mirrorless Camera, otherwise known as NEX3 and there is also a NEX5.


Following from my previous post about the Sony mirrorless cameras I thought the flash would be integrated into the body but it seems like Sony opted to make it an external flash. This has its pros and cons but it is also unusual to see the flash mount is not the same as the Sony Alpha line. Also I also read that Sony omitted Super Steady Shot (SSS) which is in-body stabilization and used optical stabilization to help make the camera body more compact. Its just a rumor but if true, I think Sony would lose something that make its camera line up different to its competitors. I guess we have to wait till May 11 to see the specs.

I would also like to mention Sony winning three TIPA awards. TIPA stands for Technical Imaging Press Association and is comprised of a group of people with a large amount of expertise in the photo imaging industry where they test, evaluate and award the best products in a range of categories. This year Sony won the awards for the following:

Best Compact Camera: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V
Best Expert Lens: Sony 28-75mm f/2.8 SAM
Best Photo Frame: Sony DPF-X1000N 

Congratulations to Sony for winning those awards.


Thanks for reading and take everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment